September 6, 2021
Are you a student with experience in GHG emissions?
About Nordic Sustainability
Nordic Sustainability is a value-based consultancy firm working at the intersection of strategy and sustainability. Based on a deep understanding of the systemic changes necessary and the underlying science, our company’s purpose is to help public and private sector organisations make better decisions and transform their organisations towards true sustainable practices.
Our name is Nordic Sustainability for a reason. We believe that by working according to the Nordic standards of work-life balance, we become better consultants. We’re organised and get our work done on time and on target. By creating a work environment centered around healthy decision-making, we believe that our consultants also help our clients make better decisions. That’s how we understand professionalism.
We are looking for an intern (full-time) or student assistant (part-time) with strong knowledge of GHG emissions and related frameworks (read below) to start as soon as possible. Based in our Copenhagen office in Kødbyen the position will allow you to be a part of our team and experience various assignments.
You will serve as a full-time member of our team and receive day-to-day coaching in a culture that is focused on direct and clear feedback. We have an environment that’s strongly based on trust and we do our best to get our work done within standard working hours, with the ambition of having a lot of fun along the way.
- We expect you to be able to run independent processes within projects with oversightof a project manager
- We expect you to take on both internal tasks that help us streamline and improve our internal processes, as well as work on client projects
- We expect you to be able to grow into having client contacts and have an interest in potentially continuing in the company after the internship/student position
- In-depth understanding of using the GHG Protocol to calculate GHG emissions for companies, and how to model future GHG emissions in business-as-usual and with implemented climate action scenarios
- Knowledge of how and where to identify the right emission factors
- Experience displaying current GHG emissions and emissions reductions scenarios in a logical and understandable way
- Experience identifying emissions reduction solutions
- Knowledge of Science-Based Targets, CDP or GRI reporting or other relevant initiatives
- Skilled in working with PowerPoint and developing presentations
- Ability to communicate well in writing
- Good interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Written English at native or comparable level, fluency in Danish an asset, but not a requirement
- You live sustainability and seek to push the boundaries of what organisations and individuals can do to have an impact
- You always seek to deliver the highest quality possible and continuously push the envelope on what you can deliver
- You are a team player that can handle a diverse set of tasks – both the ones that challenge you and the ones you can do in your sleep
- You are proactive and not afraid to offer your perspective on how to best approach the project at hand
What we offer
- A steep learning curve and close attention to your personal and professional development
- A healthy work-life balance, where we are in process of implementing a four-day workweek
- Flexible work-hours and up to two days per week from home office
- The opportunity to take up increasing levels of responsibility and shape the development of a growing organisation
- A dynamic and fun working environment with an ambitious team that cares about each other and what we do
How to get in touch
If this sounds interesting to you, send us your CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know which position you are interested in, intern (full time) or student assistant (part-time). Both positions are paid.
We encourage people of any gender (binary or non-binary) and of all places and backgrounds to get in touch.
Please send your CV and cover letter in one single PDF document.
We do not take candidates who have already graduated or will be graduating during the next months into consideration. We will do interviews on a running basis as we receive applications.