November 8, 2022
Calling all senior climate specialists with private sector and consulting sector experience
Nordic Sustainability is a future-facing strategy consultancy helping the leaders of tomorrow, transform today, with credibility and integrity. Based on a deep understanding of the systemic changes necessary and the underlying science, our company’s purpose is to help public and private sector organisations make better decisions and transform their organisations towards true sustainable practices. We are now looking for an experienced climate specialist to join our climate team and help our clients achieve and scale up their climate ambitions.
Do you want to be a part of our growing climate team, supporting some of the largest companies in Europe – all while joining a forward-thinking company that is ambitiously moving towards a four-day work week? Then we will be awaiting your CV! We are looking for compelling profiles that would fit for a role as a senior consultant or as a managerial position (5 years of relevant experience is required). We are primarily interested in candidates with consulting or private sector experience and a strong climate advisory toolkit.
- You will be working primarily with larger private companies to support their development of climate strategies, GHG inventories or Science-based targets and other climate targets.
- We expect you to be able to independently participate in and manage projects (size depending on seniority) consisting of both internal team members, client project teams, and other external stakeholders.
- We expect you to be able to drive business development towards existing and new clients, and contribute to developing new service offerings.
The role is placed in our climate team, consisting of dedicated climate specialists and project managers, and led by a Senior Manager. As a more senior member of the team, we expect you to step in as a team leader when needed (e.g. during an upcoming four-month parental leave for the team lead in spring 2023), and to be comfortable leading your peers.
- You have relevant climate advisory experience from a top tier consultancy, a large corporate, or a leading environmental think tank/NGO.
- You have experience using the GHG protocol, Science Based Targets initiative’s (SBTi) methodologies and other relevant resources for developing private sector climate strategies.
- You have knowledge of private sector strategy development and preferably also climate strategy development or implementation.
- You have project management experience and are comfortable with driving projects independently and in teams.
- You have excellent skills within the consultancy toolbox, e.g. data analysis (excel), presentations (PowerPoint), proposal writing, etc.
- You speak and write English at native or comparable level. Fluency in Danish is an asset, but not a requirement.
- You live sustainability and seek to push the boundaries of what organisations and individuals can do to make an impact to advance the societal transition needed.
- You always seek to deliver the highest quality possible and continuously push your own boundaries for what you can deliver.
- You are a team player that can handle a diverse set of tasks.
- You are proactive and not afraid to offer your perspective on how to best approach the project at hand.
- You have good interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- You are excited about joining a dynamic organization and taking on a big role in helping it grow further.
About Nordic Sustainability
The companies who will lead in the future know that the only way to ensure success is to embrace the opportunity of the current global transition and deliver lasting impact-reductions, at scale. At Nordic Sustainability we help our clients to anticipate and navigate this change – turning sustainability strategies into tangible value creation.
Whether it’s mitigating risks in supply chains, responding to stakeholder requirements and material issues, or transforming business models and operations, we work with our clients to build resilience while maintaining competitive advantage now and in the future.
Our services cover the full sustainability strategy lifecycle and are underpinned by the most authoritative and ambitious methodologies and frameworks available today, meaning our clients can be sure that their strategies have both integrity and credibility.
- A healthy work-life balance, where we are in process of implementing a four-day work week across the company.
- Flexible work-hours and up to two days per week from home office.
- An opportunity to make real sustainable change and work with some of the most interesting companies on the market.
- The opportunity to take up increasing levels of responsibility and shape the development of a growing organisation.
- A competitive compensation package.
- A dynamic and fun working environment with an ambitious team that cares about each other and what we do.
- A non-discriminatory and inclusive workplace.
- An office in central Copenhagen, 1 minute walk from Nørreport Station.
How to get in touch
If this sounds interesting to you, send us your CV at email@example.com.
For more information about the role, reach out to or climate Senior Manager Ole Høy Jakobsen, firstname.lastname@example.org .
We encourage people of any gender (binary or non-binary) and of all places and backgrounds to get in touch.
Application round closes on Friday 6th of January, 2023 at 23.59 CEST. We are interviewing candidates on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate knocks on our door.