November 2, 2021
Calling for students passionate about sustainability!
Nordic Sustainability is a value-based consultancy firm working at the intersection of strategy and sustainability. Based on a deep understanding of the systemic changes necessary and the underlying science, our company’s purpose is to help public and private sector organisations make better decisions and transform their organisations towards true sustainable practices. Our clients include international organisations, foundations, and companies at a Nordic and global scale.
Based in our Copenhagen office in Kødbyen the internship will allow you to be a part of our team and experience various assignments. As an intern, you will serve as a full-time member of our team and receive day-to-day coaching in a culture that is focused on direct and clear feedback. We have an environment that’s strongly based on trust and we do our best to get our work done within standard working hours, with the ambition of having a lot of fun along the way.
Application requirements & practicalities
- Applicants must be studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. We do not take candidates who have already graduated or will be graduating during the internship programme into consideration.
- The internship is paid and planned to start early February 2022 and will last for approximately six months.
- You live sustainability and seek to push the boundaries of what organisations and individuals can do to have an impact
- You always seek to deliver the highest quality possible and continuously push the envelope on what you can deliver
- You are a team player that can handle a diverse set of tasks – both the ones that challenge you and the ones you can do in your sleep
- You are proactive and not afraid to offer your perspective on how to best approach the project at hand
- Previous consulting experience or other relevant experience from the corporate sector, preferably within sustainability-related areas is an asset
- Strong knowledge of sustainability topics which could include circular economy, sustainable business models, bioeconomy, impact investing, GHG accounting, etc.
- Able to conduct research and analytical tasks
- Skilled in working with powerpoint and developing presentations
- Ability to communicate well in writing
- Good interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
- Written English at native or comparable level, fluency in Danish an asset, but not a requirement
- We expect you to be able to run independent processes within projects with oversight of a project manager
- We expect you to contribute to report writing, stakeholder management, outreach, and event planning
- We expect you to take on both internal tasks that help us streamline and improve our internal processes, as well as work on client projects
- We expect you to be able to grow into having client contacts and have an interest in potentially continuing in the company after the internship
We are a team of professionals with solid competencies within management consulting and sustainability. What makes us a team is our shared ambition to have a deep, positive impact while also keeping ourselves accountable as a company. We are ambitious on behalf of our clients and we measure ourselves by those same standards.
Our name is Nordic Sustainability for a reason. We believe that by working according to the Nordic standards of work-life-balance, we become better consultants. We’re organised and get our work done on time and on target. By creating a work environment centered around healthy decision-making, we believe that our consultants also help our clients make better decisions. That’s how we understand professionalism.
How to apply
Interested candidates should do the following: Write a short (one page) cover letter, expressing your motivation to do the internship and how you fit the company professionally and as a person. Try to link to projects you have done in the past and be clear about the most important attributes you will bring to Nordic Sustainability.
Please send your CV and cover letter in one single PDF document.
Applications should be sent in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Internship at Nordic Sustainability”. Selected candidates will be invited for interviews.
Application round closes on Sunday, November 21st, 2021 at 23.59 CEST.
We encourage people of any gender (binary or non-binary) and of all places and backgrounds to apply for this position. We will do interviews on a running basis as we receive applications.
Please refrain from reaching out to us prior to sending us your cover letter and CV. We are currently only looking to fill a new intern position.