February 4, 2021
Manager/Senior Manager with private sector consulting experience
We are a young and growing company that has quickly gained a firm footing in the Nordic market for sustainability consulting, working with private sector clients such as Hempel, Coloplast, Nykredit, and other similar size companies, while also serving to clients such as Realdania, C40 Cities, The Asian Development, The Nordic Council of Ministers, etc.
We are happy to announce that we are looking for a full time Manager or Senior Manager to support our growing sustainability strategy work within the private sector.
About Nordic Sustainability
Nordic Sustainability is a value-based consultancy firm working at the intersection of strategy and sustainability. Based on a deep understanding of the systemic changes necessary and the underlying science, our company’s purpose is to help public and private sector organisations make better decisions and transform their organisations towards true sustainable practices. It’s systemic change that we are working towards.
Nordic Sustainability is the first Future-Fit Business Benchmark accredited consultancy in the Nordics, a framework that reflects our ambition to create sustainability solutions that meet the needs of our societies.
We believe that by working in accordance with the Nordic standards of work-life-balance, we become better consultants and colleagues, which is why we are currently implementing a four-day work week. We’re organised and we get our work done on time and on target. By creating a work environment centered around healthy decision-making, we believe that we help our clients make better decisions. That’s how we understand professionalism.
- We expect you to be working primarily with larger private companies to support their work in developing strategies focused on integrating sustainability into the core of the business (e.g. using the Future-Fit Business Benchmark, one of our key methodologies)
- We expect you to be able to independently manage projects consisting of both internal team members, client project group, and external stakeholders
- We expect you to be able to drive business development towards existing and new clients
- You have a master’s degree and 5-8 years of post-graduate experience
- You have a minimum of three years of private sector consulting experience at a top tier consultancy
- You have deep knowledge of private sector strategy development and preferably also corporate sustainability strategy development or implementation
- You have project management experience and are comfortable with driving projects independently and in teams
- You have excellent skills within the consultancy toolbox, e.g. data analysis (excel), presentations (PowerPoint), business cases, etc.
- You speak and write English at native or comparable level. Fluency in Danish is an asset, but not a requirement
- It is an asset if you have a specific area of expertise within corporate sustainability, which could be (but not limited to) circular economy, supply chain management, ESG, etc.
- You live sustainability and seek to push the boundaries of what organisations and individuals can do to make an impact in order to advance our common societal transition
- You always seek to deliver the highest quality possible and continuously push your own boundaries for what you can deliver
- You are a team player that can handle a diverse set of tasks – both the ones that challenge you and the ones you can do in your sleep
- You are proactive and not afraid to offer your perspective on how to best approach the project at hand
- You are result-oriented, have flair for executing projects, and can balance attention to detail with working efficiently
- You have good interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
Here is why you should join Nordic Sustainability
We are a team of professionals with solid competencies within management consulting and sustainability. What makes us a team is our common ambition to have a deep, positive impact while also keeping ourselves accountable as a company. We are ambitious on behalf of our clients and we measure ourselves by those same standards.
- A steep learning curve and close attention to your personal and professional development
- The chance to have a positive impact across all projects you are involved with
- The opportunity to take up increasing levels of responsibility in a growing organisation
- A dynamic and fun working environment with an ambitious team that cares about each other and what we do
- A healthy work-life balance, where we are in process of implementing a four-day work week
- The chance to influence the development of a growing company with a clear purpose
How to apply
Interested candidates should send the following (in one file):
- Cover letter, expressing your motivation for the position and how you fit the company professionally and as a person.
- CV, incl. references
We encourage people of any gender (binary or non-binary) and of all places and backgrounds to apply for this position.
Applications should be sent in English to email@example.com with the title “Manager/Senior Manager to Nordic Sustainability”. We expect the candidate to start as soon as possible and preferably April 1st. Selected candidates will be invited for interviews as applications come in. Please refer any questions regarding the position to Associate Consultant Carolina Mariotto (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Partner Esben Lanthén (email@example.com). Please refrain from calling without having made an appointment in advance.
Deadline for applications: February 21st, 2021. We will be reviewing applications and scheduling interviews on a running basis, so please send us your application as quickly as possible.