January 29, 2020
Manager with private sector consulting experience and sustainability knowledge
CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS.
Nordic Sustainability is a value-based consultancy firm working at the intersection of strategy and sustainability. Based on a deep understanding of the systemic changes necessary and the underlying science, our company’s purpose is to help public and private sector organisations make better decisions and transform their organisations towards true sustainable practices.
We are a young and growing company that has quickly gained a firm footing in the Nordic market for sustainability consulting, working with private sector clients such as Hempel, Nykredit, and other similar size companies, while also serving to clients such as Realdania, C40 Cities, The Asian Development, The Nordic Council of Ministers, etc.
We are happy to announce that we are looking for a full time Manager or Senior Consultant to support our growing sustainability strategy work within the private sector.
• We expect you to be working primarily with larger private companies to support their work in developing strategies focused on integrating sustainability into the core of the business (e.g. using the Future-Fit Business Benchmark, one of our key methodologies)
• We expect you to be able to manage projects consisting of both internal team members, client project group, and external stakeholders
• We expect you to be able to drive business development towards existing and new clients
• You have a master’s degree and 3-6 years of post-graduate experience
• You have a minimum of two years of private sector consulting experience or two years of experience from a position within corporate sustainability in a larger company, preferably working on strategy development
• You have deep knowledge of private sector strategy development and corporate sustainability as well as excellent skills within the consultancy toolbox, e.g. data analysis (excel), presentations (PowerPoint), business cases, etc.
• You have project management experience and are comfortable with driving projects independently and in teams
• You are result-oriented, have flair for executing projects, and can balance attention to detail with working efficiently
• You have good interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude
• You have strong communication and writing skills and speak English at native or comparable level. Fluency in Danish is an asset, but not a requirement
• It is an asset if you have a specific area of expertise within corporate sustainability, which could be (but not limited to) plastics/circular economy, emissions reductions, supply chain management, etc.
• You live sustainability and seek to push the boundaries of what organisations and individuals can do to make an impact in order to advance our common societal transition
• You always seek to deliver the highest quality possible and continuously push your own boundaries for what you can deliver
• You are a team player that can handle a diverse set of tasks – both the ones that challenge you and the ones you can do in your sleep
• You are proactive and not afraid to offer your perspective on how to best approach the project at hand
Here is why you should join Nordic Sustainability
We are a team of professionals with solid competencies within management consulting and sustainability. What makes us a team is our common ambition to have a deep, positive impact while also keeping ourselves accountable as a company. We are ambitious on behalf of our clients and we measure ourselves by those same standards.
Our name is Nordic Sustainability for a reason. We believe that by working according to the Nordic standards of work-life-balance, trust and openness, we become better consultants. We’re organised and get our work done on time and on target. By creating a work environment centered around healthy decision-making, we believe that our consultants also help our clients make better decisions. That’s how we understand professionalism.
• A dynamic and fun working environment with an ambitious team that cares about each other and what we do
• A healthy work-life balance
• A steep learning curve and close attention to your personal and professional development
• The chance to have a positive impact across all projects you are involved with
• The chance to influence the development of a growing company with a clear purpose
How to apply
Interested candidates should send the following:
• Cover letter, expressing your motivation for the position and how you fit the company professionally and as a person.
• CV, incl. references
Applications should be sent in English to email@example.com with the title “Manager/Senior Consultant to Nordic Sustainability”. We expect the candidate to start as soon as possible and preferably April 1st. Selected candidates will be invited for interviews. Please refer any questions regarding the position to Louise Thomsen; firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: February 16th, 2020. We will be reviewing applications on a running basis and expect to carry out interviews immediately after application deadline.